A S Harrison & Co is committed to the protection of your personal information. This Privacy Statement contains the following important information:
- Collection of your personal information
- How we use and disclose your personal information
- Security of your personal information
- How we access, correct or update your personal information
- How to contact us
- Collection of your personal information
The type of information we collect from you will depend on how you use this web site and how you interact with us.
When you use this website our Internet Service Provider (ISP) may make a record of your visit and log your server address, your domain name, the date, time and duration of your visit, the pages and documents you accessed, the previous site you had accessed (ie the referring URL) and the type of browser you are using. This information is collected for statistical purposes only, and A. S. Harrison & Co will not make any attempt to identify users according to their browsing activity.
In the unlikely event of an investigation, a law enforcement agency or other government agency may exercise its legal authority to inspect our ISPs logs.
It is also possible that your ISP is logging your activity while you visit our site. This is completely beyond the control of A S Harrison & Co.
- We do not collect any personal information from you revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, or details of health, disability or sexual activity or orientation. Exceptions to this include:
- Where you have given express consent to A S Harrison & Co to do so;
- Where there are reasonable grounds to believe that disclosure is necessary to prevent a threat to life or health;
- The use is authorised by law or reasonably necessary to enforce the law; or
- When the information is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of a legal claim.
How we use and disclose personal information
The personal information that you provide during interaction on this site, and in other interactions between us, is used to provide you with better service for the supply of our products and services to you. This to enables us to provide more personalised products and services that are specific to your needs.
A S Harrison & Co will not sell, rent or trade your personal information.
Any personal or business information which you do supply will only be used internally at A S Harrison & Co and will not be divulged to a third party unless that third party is integral to the purpose for which you gave us the information (eg, delivery companies will be supplied with delivery information) or where required by law.
We will only use and disclose information about you for the purpose for which you gave us that information. We may use and disclose information about you for a purpose other than the purpose for which you gave us the information where:
- You would reasonably expect us to use or disclose the personal information for that other purpose;
- That other purpose is related to the purpose for which you gave us the information;
- You have given us your consent for the personal information to be used or disclosed for the additional purpose.
- Where there are reasonable grounds to believe that use or disclosure is necessary to prevent a threat to life or health;
- Where we suspect that unlawful activity is or has been engaged in and we use or disclose the personal information to investigate the suspected unlawful activity; or
- The use or disclosure is authorised by law or reasonably necessary to enforce the law.
A S Harrison & Co may also use your personal information for the purpose of direct marketing. We may only use your personal information or data for the purpose of direct marketing in relation to promotional activities where it is impracticable for us to obtain your prior express consent. However, when we do this, we will provide an express opportunity when we first contact you to decline to receive any further marketing communications from us, via an opt-out mechanism.
Security of your personal information
We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that all personal information we collect, use or disclose is stored in a secure environment accessed only by authorised persons.
While A S. Harrison & Co employs the best available industry-standard advanced data encryption technology when interfacing with customers, suppliers and partners, users should be aware that some residual risk could exist in transmitting data electronically. This risk is, of course, inherent in all Internet dealings.
How to access, correct or update your information
AS far as possible, all reasonable steps will be taken to ensure that any information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date. Please contact us if your details change or you believe the information we have is not accurate or complete.