What is Schisandra Oil?
Particularly used to treat liver ailments, Fructus Schisandrae (fruit of Schisandra Chinensis) is a commonly used as a tonic herb in traditional Chinese medicine.
The major constituents in Schisandra are the lignans (schizandrin, deoxyschizandrin, gomisins, and pregomisin) found in the seeds of the fruit. Modern Chinese research suggests these lignans have a protective effect on the liver and an immune modulating effect. The extract contains a high content of unsaponifiable, beta-sitosterol and essential oil, fatty oil with a high content of gamma-linolenic acid.
Potential benefits of Schisandra Oil
- Improves response to stress and boosts mood
- Promotes liver and kidney health
- Improves mental function
- Has anti-irritant and anti-inflammatory properties
- Used for anti-asthmatic cosmetics
- Prevents senescence and eliminates free radicals
- Restores and moisturise skin while eliminating freckles
- Acts as a prophylaxis for atopic skin and skin prone to allergies