What is Rosemary Extract?
Rosemary extract is known as Rosmarinus Officinalis and is native to the Mediterranean and Asian region. Usage of rosemary dates back to 500 B.C. when it was used as a culinary and medicinal herb by the ancient Greeks and Romans. Greek healers used rosemary leaves and flowers to promote liver, circulatory and digestive health. Chinese culture believed it is helpful for headaches and hair growth.
Oil soluble: Carnosic acid, Carnosol , Ursolic acid
Water soluble: Rosmarinic acid
Essential oil: Camphor, Camphene, Pinene, Mycene, Cymene, Linalol, Borneol, Cineloe, etc.
Potential benefits of Rosemary Extract as below:
- Antioxidant, antiseptic and antibacterial – Higher antioxidant ability compared to vitamin C, vitamin E and Tea polyphenols
- Prevents senescence and eliminates free radicals
- Antisepsis, antibiotic and anti-inflammatory
- Skin restoring, moisturising and eliminates freckles
- Reduces serum total cholesterol and fatty tissue: not only effectively decreases serum cholesterol levels, but also reduces the cholesterol content in different tissues such as liver, heart and fatty tissue