Cutting edge marine fuel additives
A S Harrison & Co supply a comprehensive range of Marine Fuel Oil and Marine Gas Oil additives.
Marine fuel oil additives are designed to combat rising issues with deposits and stability which has been seen with increasing processing and asphaltene crude oils. The use of these additive can significantly reduce sedimentation, deposits and improve fuel efficiency.
Marine gas oil additives are have evolved significantly with increasing sulphur restrictions which have caused issues with stability, cold flow and lubricity.
Heavy Fuel Oil (HFO) additives
Low Sulphur Fuel Oil (LSFO) additives
Marine Gas Oil (MGO) / Marine Diesel Oil (MDO) additives
IMO 2020 (case study Octamar BT-25)
Partnered with Innospec – the global leader in marine fuel additives, A S Harrison & Co brings you a suite of cutting-edge marine additive technology to help your business transition to IMO 2020 low sulphur fuels by 1 January 2020.
What is IMO 2020?
The International Maritime Organisation (IMO) regulation, known as IMO 2020, mandates the reduction of the sulphur content of maritime fuels to 0.5% from the current limit of 3.5%. Shipowners and operators have to comply by using the new fuels or installing exhaust scrubbing technology. Compliant fuels will be an issue for the industry in terms of cost, availability and performance. This by far is the largest change in regulation relating to marine fuels impacting 75% of the fuel used by the shipping industry.
As the world’s only major fuel additive manufacturer focused solely on fuel additives, Innospec has been working on innovative new solutions for more than a decade and has developed unique fuel additives to eliminate issues arising from IMO 2020 regulation.
Tank cleaning and fuel stability
Leading up to 1 January 2020 it would not be practical for the majority of the global fleet that has been running on High Sulphur Fuel Oil (HSFO) to undergo dry dock manual cleaning within a very short period. An alternative to manual cleaning of tanks is to gradually clean the sediments and asphaltene sludge from HSFO tanks and fuel systems by dosing additives.
We can help you to solve this problem by offering Innospec’s Octamar™ BT-25 which contains asphaltene dispersant stabiliser.
By using Octamar™ BT-25 you can,
- Reduce waste from fuel
- Achieve cleaner combustion
- Reduce the risk of engine failure
- Clean up tanks and fuel system
Tank cleaning is completed by adding Octamar™ BT-25 directly to HSFO.
- Disperse all the asphaltene sludge that may have accumulated over the years, stabilising it and helping the fuel to burn without clogging filters
- Designed to leave the tanks, especially the sidewalls, corners and tight compartments relatively cleaner
- Clean the tank faster compared to manual cleaning and reduce the quantity of sludge/sediments for shore disposal
Stability of new low sulphur fuel oil (LSFO) is going to be a key concern. Octamar™ BT-25 can be used continuously to:
- Maintain fuel stability during blending, handling and storage
- Disperse existing sludge formation and prevent further agglomeration
- Decrease fuel waste and sludging in fuel separators