The two new ILSAC specifications, GF-6A and GF-6B, and a new API Service Category, API SP have been introduced representing the next generation of PCMO engine oils. See more information here.
These specifications are designed to:
- Prevent Wear
- Protect against LSPI and Timing Chain wear
- Ensure proper operation
- Improve fuel economy
See this video link from API for more information on GF-6.
These specifications introduce new advanced performance requirements for PCMO applications. This includes seven new tests, including a chain wear test and a new test for ultra-low viscosity engine oils. The standards also include the new low speed pre-ignition (LSPI) test to ensure protection.
OLOA® 55516 is API SP ready!
Great news, if you are already using OLOA® 55516 then you are ready to start blending ILSAC GF-6A, ILSAC GF-6B, and API SP oils. If not, no problem! A S Harrison & Co carry OLOA® 55516 in stock in Australia so contact your account manager for more details on getting ready for API SP.
OLOA® 55516 benefits:
OLOA® 54530: New ACEA C2/C3 additive with API SP
With the introduction of API SP there are also upcoming changes to market requirements for ACEA C2/C3 engine oil profiles. In particular ACEA C2/C3 oils will need to be SP ready.
OLOA® 54530 benefits: .
- Full profile 5W30 & 5W40 Synthetic
- Optimised profile 5W30 Semi-Synthetic
- Utilises locally made premium VIPOL Viscosity Modifiers
- Address new LSPI requirements in C3 segment
- Improved logistics with one DI for Full and Short profiles
- Use PARATONE OCP VM for all profiles
- Wide Gp3 BO coverage
- High Gp2 content in Short profile
OLOA® 54720: New ACEA C5 additive with API SP (in progress)
ACEA C5 oils will also be upgraded to be SP ready – OLOA® 54720 is your solution!
OLOA® 54720 benefits:
- ACEA C5 and soon API SP ready
- First technology approved against BMW LL17FE+ and Opel-Vauxhall OV0401547 (replaces dexos2 Gen 2)
- Comprehensive OEM coverage
- Combines ACEA, API, ILSAC and multiple OEM claims onto one 0W-20 package
- Cascadable treat rate for increased flexibility
Contact your A S Harrison & Co representative for further information about API SP.